Tuesday 24 January 2012

How forward are you?

I was reading an article a few days ago that really did hit out at people generally. This lady was hurting, frustrated and felt no-one was listening to her and her frustrations had spilled over to her blog. It was evident that she was trying to make sense of things in her mind and was struggling.

How many of us do that? Struggle to the point where we spill out what we really don’t mean but not sure how else to deal with it?

Or do we go the other way and dismiss feelings altogether?

For a long time I would say what I thought and tough if anyone doesn’t like it…and no matter how I tried to be tactful and unhurtful it never worked. I didn’t respect anyone or their view points or feelings. I was impatient, rude and downright disrespectful. I wish I could change that time of my life but I can’t.

I see people around me who are at that same place in life. I also see people too scared to reach out to someone for fear of that very kind of criticism or judgement. Sadly this is the world we live in but we don’t have to join in with it.

While I will say what I think I also know when what I think does not have to upset or shun another human being. Not everything I think needs to be aired and not everything I feel needs to be stressed to another. Having control over ourselves should be something we learn as we get older, something we are shaped by with our emotional and mental maturity but that also requires effort and accepting that other people have varying differences to us.

People are such wonderful creations. Sure there are those who I find it hard to listen to or hang out with but that is no reason for me to be rude or unkind to them. People are different, individual and special. People come with their own story, their own experiences and their own understanding. Isn’t it wonderful that so many can teach us, confirm things we are unsure of or understand our walk in life? Do we really need to be in control of others? Are we so threatened by how we perceive another that we have to toss it aside? Or do we look for the good in that person?

This is a subject that could be thrashed for weeks, I’d say but in all the bottom line is clear:

As I have loved you,

Love one another.

This new commandment—

Love one another—

By this shall men know

ye are my disciples,

If ye have love

one to another.

When I question myself I always come back to one simple thought:

The Lord never made excuses, He gave us clear direction so why do I need to complicate it, make excuses for it and/or change it?

What do you think?

Debs

No comments:

 
;