Wednesday 25 January 2012

What is your favourite scripture?

Years ago I was asked time and again by various people what my favourite scripture was. Every time it was the same one, eventually people stopped asking. I think I was that consistent!

Ether 12:27 - And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

Is it possible to live a scripter and adapt around its counsel? While I struggle with some things {the human-ness syndrome} there are some things I revert to quite naturally. That doesn’t mean that when I humble myself I get the answer right, it means I’m learning to rethink, redo and/or readjust which is in itself a process.

Our leaders often tell us to liken the scriptures to ourselves. Sometimes that’s so hard to do and sometimes it’s more than we are ready for. Then there’s the times when a certain scripture is the perfect thing for us!

I love the scriptures. What about you?

Debs

No comments:

 
;