Sunday 22 April 2012

Think before you update your status!

For a while now I’ve seen ‘share’ posters over on Facebook about a whole range of things, funny, silly, sweet and defamatory. It’s not often I re-share any but when I do I genuinely like it. However, the ones that really stick between my teeth are the ones that have that negative connotation to it…most often telling men how to be men, how to be a good husband or partner. Then you have the ones about love, what it is to a woman and all that.

They really grate on me! 

For a start men don’t need to be told how to be men, they learn at their own progression pace, let them be who they are, respect them for what they are now and encourage them to know they are special sons of God as we are his daughters. Men don’t need to know how to love someone either, if they feel it they feel it like any other woman does.

Yet what I don’t see is posters about how women should be women. Does that mean we have it nailed?

I don’t think so!

I ask that before you share something on any social media site you stop and ask what message you are giving….when I read certain posters I feel sorry for the one posting them…because they seem to me to be hitting out or picking up on something that men could well be avoiding them for!

Just my opinion. Stop guy bashing, they are just as human, imperfect and worthy as we are.

Debs

No comments:

 
;