Tuesday 24 April 2012

Try again

My dad never lets me quit, not even for a moment. My dad is kinda smart like that. I don’t ever remember him criticising me, putting me down or showing disappointment or lack of faith in me. I am pretty sure that over my 43 years I’ve done plenty to cause him despair, disappointment and even frustration yet he has not once shown it. Each of my pregnancies he has been supportive, encouraging and wanted to know all the details of the baby and how I’m doing. When each of my babies were born he was either already at the hospital or there just after. Nothing makes him happier than when we go and visit him, call him, send photos and/or text him. My dad is very good like that, even with the distance between him and me the worst he says is ‘I wish you’d move back here’ (which means Wolverhampton or surrounding areas) but he knows I can’t.

On reflecting how my feelings were going lately, then a truly wonderful day at church on Sunday I have had a lot of thoughts popping up about how my dad has adapted a parenting style that has worked well for me over the years. He’s never pressured me into being who he thinks I should be, even though he gives me far too much credit, instead he reminds me how much he loves me, respects me, likes me and is willing to do what it takes to be there for me.

I think my dad has shown me an insight to how our Heavenly Father is. Not once have I felt scorned by Him, even though I know He’s probably disappointed, frustrated and/or hurt by some of my choices. What love that is?!!

I am not sure I will ever be able to replicate that kind of love and faith, I am probably far too opinionated if I’m honest but it’s great to know that even I can try again, work on it, progress.

Love is not painful, love is what keeps us thriving, succeeding, growing and moving on. Love is what God has for me, you and every other human being on this earth. The next part is the role of Jesus Christ, simply put, as the martyr on the cross He greatly proved His unconditional love for each and every one of us. That blows my mind to think about…but think I must because when I think, I feel, when I feel I learn….

…and it’s time to learn what really makes life work. God. Jesus Christ. You. Choices. Love. Faith.

So in my new endeavour to ‘Just go and do it’ {yesterdays post} I am decluttering my brain, disbanding the inhibitions and going ahead to do what I was intended to do.

Whatever that is!! Smile

Debs

No comments:

 
;